CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks







Happy Thanksgiving to all!

So, what were the Coker's up to on Thanksgiving? Throwing-up!

I must have kicked it all off this past weekend, Ella came down with it on Grayson's birthday, Grayson caught the bug last night, and Eric is currently suffering from the same virus. It is horrible. Cannon and Gunnar are the only safe ones right now...so, they have been staying at their grandparents'.

Needless to say, this little sickness pretty much ruined our big Thanksgiving plans. Funny thing...no one wants to really be around you when they think they might get the vomit bug!

We had planned on having dinner with Eric's family on Wednesday, my family on Thursday, the big games (Aggie and daddy's) on Friday, celebrate Christmas with the parts of my family that will not be here again for Christmas Friday day, leave for deep East Texas Saturday to visit all sorts of relatives and then return on Sunday just in time for school on Monday; however, as of right now, ALL is off!

I must say, I was more than heartbroken about the whole thing. The thought of Thanksgiving dinner without our extended family saddened me deeply....especially on Ella's first Thanksgiving!

But, we made do.

We four sickos gave thanks together...I (being the only one feeling better by this time) cooked all of the favorites, and while no one really ate all that much, we did eat.

When I was cooking and the other sick three were sleeping this afternoon, I started thinking...this might be the best Thanksgiving that I have had in the long time. In the quiet stillness of the house I heard loud and clear how much I have to be thankful for.

Just looking around at all of my blessings was enough to being me to tears. I do not deserve all that I have, and yet I continue to be blessed over and over again. My gifts from the Lord...they are incredible!

This Thanksgiving, I am truly giving thanks...thanks for ALL I have been given!

Off to snuggle with my babies I am so thankful for...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Taylor - I am so sorry that you are all sick. You are an amazing mom and it is inspiring how you always find the good even in rotten situations. Can't wait to see you on Monday - and I am praying that your family is back to 100% really soon!

Love ya!