CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Band-Aid Makes Everything Better

When I pick G up from school it is no uncommon that he has done something that required a band-aid. His wild antics are always causing cuts, bumps and bruises. Thus, earlier this week when I went to pick him up and he had a band-aid on his elbow, I thought little of it.

However, that same evening that he hurt his elbow, I was frantically getting ready for a meeting. As I was rushing around the house, I was paying little attention to the fact that G was digging the the cabinet where we keep movies and games. I figured there was little that he could hurt in the cabinet...

I do not know why I assume things about him...

When I walk back through the living room, I hear some bizarre cracking noise and then G screams "Oh no! Daddy is going to be mad at me!" I run to survey the damage.

True, he had broken a PS2 game in 1/2, but I was not that concerned because I hated the gamed to begin with. I thought it was violent and stupid. However, I did not think that if I expressed these thoughts that G would ever learn that he should not do what he had been doing. So, I say, "Oh, G, Daddy is going to be upset. I know that was a game he liked. I do not know what is going to happen. I am disappointed in your actions. I know you know it is not okay to be in that cabinet."

He said, "I'm sorry Mommy. I will fix it."

"G, you cannot fix it. It is broken in 1/2."

"No, Mommy, I can. I have and idea..." And, with that, he ran into his room with the broken game and I continued my mad rush to get ready for my meeting.

So, now I am leaving, and this is what I am presented with...
How could one not laugh.

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Okay, I must say I agree that G picked a good one to destroy. GTA? What is Eric thinking?! That is hilarious, though. SUCH cute kids!
Cinderella's dress is beautiful!

Ragan said...

Lol...I would have to say that the kid is pretty creative! You sure got your hands full with that little one!