CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The children of teachers...in Texas!

DISCLAIMER: The children I am to write about are all 3 years old. NONE have entered the public school system in the state of Texas at this point in time.

On our way to school G was stoked when he "found" an unsharpened pencil. One would have thought that he has hit the jackpot!

"When we get into school Mommy, I need to sharpen this...I have some important work to do today."

In his classroom as I am putting his things away for the day...

"I have got to have my pencil real sharp today. It is super important..."

He finishes sharpening his pencil gathers some papers from a shelf and takes off into the other classroom. Once inside the other classroom two other teachers' children gather...

"Hey, who wants to play TAKS test?"

They all jump and cheer! (NO LIE) "Yea! TAKS test!...what test do you want to take? I will give the instructions..."

Yes...sad, but true.

The point I would like to ponder: Who does this incident say more about...the parents or the school system?

I guess this is just what has become of the standardized testing in Texas...3-year-olds even play it!

1 comment:

Ragan said...

That is just sad! I can't believe it is really come to that...