CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More than Special

Both being in the education profession, there are lots of kids that come into our lives. Many have touched our hearts and will be forever remembered, but every once in a blue moon there is that "more than special" one...the one that you consider somewhat of your own...and you assuredly love them like they are.

This evening we were honored to be able to spend some"quality" time with one of those that is more than special to us. He has been away at school this past year (playing football), and with our crazy hectic schedules we have not been able to get together much in recent months. (We will assuredly be traveling to his games this fall now that Eric has more time!)

He is an amazing young man and has so much going for him; however, what I admire the most about Frog is his heart...he truly has a heart of gold!

Frog, we are more than proud of you...and we will will see you for Chinese next week! :)
To see another "more than special" one to me, visit here...this is one of my students from my VERY FIRST year teaching. It delights me to see not just how this how this young lady has grown, but I am in admiration of her unwavering faith and constant determination! Love you Nat!

I would like to address our lack of parenting skills...We were all talking after dinner tonight when I looked up to see that Ballerina was eating chicken on a bone. Yea...quality parenting. Of course, we did not stop her. In fact, we gave her some corn-on-the-cob to go with her chicken!

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Hey! Was Frog at JLMS when I was there?

And...Ah, Chicken Shmicken, right?