CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

So, Daddy has been hinting for a long time that he wanted a truck, but I have sort-of been ignoring him (for a lack of a better description of my participation in the conversations we have had about the situation). We decided a couple of years ago that we did not need a truck any more...that we needed a vehicle that provided more room for the kids than we needed something that could haul things. I really saw no reason for us to revisit this agreement...afterall, I was in good shape.

He had such a different picture.

So, one evening I said, "Sure, you can buy any truck you want as long as the payments are what we are paying now or less." Why did I say this? Well, because I thought it was an impossible task!

I should have known better...

Less than 24hours later, we had a new truck...Just in time for Daddy's birthday!We had a super low-key, last-minute celebration with the fam at the usual Monday night dinner joint... (I know this is unsual for us!)...where the little ones begged us all to "crack" their "nuts." (Yea, we work at a middle school, and thought it was funny too!)Daddy put Frog to sleep. Ha! (I think they were having a pretty deep conversation, but man, they both look bored!)I do not really want to know what Daddy and Uncle Justin are doing here...especially since I DID NOT take this picture! Hummm....We decided since Daddy got himself a new truck that we would not be buying any gifts, but this decision did not sit well with the tender-hearted G!

He spent HOURS making and wrapping Daddy a present for his birthday!I do not know, but I think Daddy might have actually been MORE excited about this present from G than he was about his new truck!There is NO sweeter picture to me! :)

Happy birthday Daddy! We love you!

No comments: