CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Often

There are some things in my life that I need to do less of...go to Target, mow my grass, obsess over work things, vacuum, eat...

And, there are some things in life that I really need to do more of...working out, cherishing down-time, pedicures...(These, of course, are on no order of importance!)

However, this past week I did something I have vowed I WILL do more of...spending time with my grandmother, Nana. All of my other grandparents have passed away, and I hate that I did not have the opportunity to know them better.

There are things Nana knows, stories she beholds, and memories that only she possesses that are more valuable than gold. Just to sit and listen to her...it is a blessing.

I also love that my children are able to know her and have the opportunity to build a relationship with her. (Man, they have known several of their great-grandparents! How awesome is that?!?)We met her for lunch.

We ate a lot of food.

My children (and my husband) were more than excited that they could order anything they wanted (times 2 or 3) off the menu. This was a little bit embarrassing to me, but it in no way stopped me from ordering 2 (yes 2) deserts. At least I did not order 3 like my husband!

My children were decent for about 1/2 a second. Well, I would like to be specific...the boys were good the entire time, but Ballerina was decent for 1/2 a second.

Then, she proceeded to run around...I was mortified, but no one really seemed to care.He tattled on his little sister a whole lot.

And, I took my new favorite picture of the 4 little Cokers. It was too short of a time that we spent with Nana.

We said our goodbyes... and I have already made plans to return sooner rather than later! (and will be taking some others to delight my grandmother!)

No comments: