CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Go Rattlers!









There is no reason to mince words here...football season whips me. It is not that I do not LOVE high school football. In fact, the opposite is more true!

I grew up in a Friday Night Lights culture, and I literally crave Texas high school football. I am usually pretty dedicated fan, and when I really think about it, I do not know that I could have ever married into any other profession! I could never miss a home game...I stay up Friday night until all the scores have come in...I monitor the playoff brackets and hot recruits...I travel great distances to see the game of the week in person...you name it! (It is secretly used to attend local high school football games when I was in college when I did not know a sole that was on any team! Just to watch football! Sick..I know!)

But, when your husband is a coach, you become a single mom for 5 months...and well, you sort of start to miss him a little! And, by late November you are really looking forward to the end of the season...

Yet, when you make the playoffs, as much as you miss them, and as much as you had been looking forward to the end of the season...things suddenly change!

So, this is where we are...The Rattlers not only made the playoffs, they also won their first game last night! :) Game one down...4 more to state! Go Rattlers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is this first comment? It is in Portugese! Are you living some sort of double life?