CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Funeral Behavior

It saddens me deeply to say that this past weekend we attended Eric's dear great aunt's funeral. I did not know her very well personally, but the many, many stories I have heard of her delight my soul and make me wish I had known her better!

I would never say I like funerals; however, they are one of the greatest celebrations I believe we can attend...Where else do we celebrate all of the joyous, incredible things each of do in our lifetimes? He put each of us here for a reason, and I find that funerals sometimes reveal a small part of His purposes for that life...what a great joy!

Yet, my dear little Ballerina does not seem to have the same respect...or perhaps any respect...for funerals. From the moment we arrived, she was a 19-month-old on fire! She bossed me around at the luncheon, demanded how I do her hair, threw a bloody fit that we insisted on holding her hand as we walked into the funeral home, and flailed on the floor when we tried to tell her that she could not play in the fountain.

One would think that with these displays of superior behavior that I would have known better than to take her into a funeral service. Yep! Oh, but I did not! Nope! I walked right in to the service without so much as a second thought that Ballerina was in terror mode.

However, less than two minutes into the service I was quickly reminded why taking her in was NOT a good idea...And, we quickly slipped out.

At first we tried to chill in the foyer, but she incessantly screamed, "Mommy, come here!" and "No hand! I want water!" Then I tried cleaning her face and giving her a pacifier, but she did not bait. To be more specific, she threw her paci, ripped the towel, and screamed at the top of her lungs, "No Mommy! No water!"

Awesome, huh?

So, outside we went...
While I do pray we will not be attending any funerals in our near future, I do plan on working with my little one on her behavior at them!

No comments: