CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

We went on road trips often when I was a child. We drove to California, Vegas, DC, Florida...all over the US! However, of all the trips we made, there are a few that I REALLY remember.

Visiting Colonial Williamsburg is one of those few places I remember fondly from my childhood. Perhaps it it because Williamsburg was also the name of my childhood neighborhood, but nonetheless, I remember the colonial town with vivid fondness.

Thus, I was determined to visit there on our trip to DC, and on our way home we were able to spend the afternoon there! This was just as I remembered! I know the town is mean for one to feel as if they have stepped back in time, but I felt that way for so many more reasons! I felt as if I was 8 again!Daddy, this history buff, was delighted to share stories with his sons as they walked the colonial streets.We checked out each of the houses along the streets...It makes me laugh...no matter what, the kids always find amusement in the thing least impressive to me! While we were in Colonial Williamsburg they found amusement with two things...the first of them being FENCES! And, this was the second of them... ???If I knew they liked being locked up so much... ha!I hate this picture of me, but Ballerina was so happy! It was truly a great afternoon! I hope that my children have the same fond memories of Colonial Williamsburg as I do!

No comments: