CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fishing With Daddy

Fishing is something you should experience with your Daddy.

I remember going fishing with my Dad when I was little, and while I do not remember catching a darn thing, I do remember the experience with great fondness.

I remember the first time Eric took G fishing...We received a call from G's school and were told that he was "sick." Yet, when I returned home from the day I discovered there were several fish on the counter and some fine pictures of G looking not very sick at all out at the pond!

I remember one of the first times that Eric took Cannon fishing...They went to the park and came home having caught quite a few, and Cannon was, unsurprisingly, stoked! In the driveway Eric explained that it was time to take the fish inside so they could "clean" them. Sadly, at the tender age of 4 when Daddy said this, Cannon took him literally! Oh, and the shriek that ensued when Daddy pulled out the knife and chopped off the fish's head! Through the tears Cannon mutters, "I thought Daddy was going to clean them...with soap!"

Lesson learned...

So, this past weekend after Daddy went to the coast with Papa and caught a few fish, I decided I was not going to participate in any cleaning of them! No way! I did not want to have to explain that situation to any other of our children!

After all, fishing is something you do with Daddy! Right?However, I was shocked that the two youngest were not the least bit turned off by the cleaning of the fish. In fact, the opposite would be more accurate...they were enthralled!
Who would have guessed? Not me!

Off to cook some of that fine fish...

No comments: