CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Favorite Service

Christmas Eve church is my favorite service of the year. Perhaps I should not have a favorite church service, but...well, I do! It is as if everything the season beholds is folded into that one hour for me, and the feelings that come over me in that time sustain me for the entire year...until next year's service that is! (I know church is not supposed to be about me, and I agree with that sentiment; however, sometimes...just sometimes...it is!)

We all attended the early service.

G and Ballerina sang!Well, G sang, and Ballerina...
Was the first on the stage!
However, she did not sing a single note!
Not even one!

G made up for Ballerina's lack of singing because we could hear him above all of the others! Oh, how he loves to be the center of attention! Ha!

My most favorite part of my favorite service of the year, however, was G's mortifying response to our pastor...He asked (rhetorically I would like to add) if any of us knew why we were gathered this evening. The church grew silent, and G shouted at the top of his lungs, "Jesus!" A part of me wanted to crawl under the pew, and the other part of me had never been prouder of anything in my entire life!
And then as our dear friends lit the Christ's Candle, he leaned over to me and said, "See Mom...it is the biggest advent party!"

The sermon was so good that I went back...alone...for the late service. There are times that one needs to worship "alone" - without the distractions of the kiddos, etc. There is NO PEACE like it!

'Tis IS the reason for the season, and to Him be the greatest glory!

1 comment:

Datra said...

Love it. Love it. Love it! G glorified God in his unabashed love for Jesus, Ella glorified him in her eagerness to be the first on stage and you honored him with your presence BOTH times! :o)