CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011


There are many things I doubt in my life. There are many things I can debate. There are many times when I can see a different point of view.

On the flip side, there are very few things I know to be true. There are few things I have never doubted. And, there are even fewer things I can say are absolutes -- with all my heart.

The statement that my husband is the most amazing father is one of those few things...

It is not the only reason why I love him, but it perhaps one of the, if not the, greatest reasons.

Know something funny? It IS the reason why I decided to give him "the time of day" that October almost 9 years ago in our school workroom...He was talking to another co-worker about his excitement to be able to spend a weekend with his boys just "being a daddy" and nothing else...and I completely went from loathing him to tolerating his existence! Ha! ...Then a few short months later...and, well...

But, in our years together that realization I had in the school workroom as only been intensified and proven true to me time and time again.

I believe he is an amazing father because of what he gives, but more, I have learned in our years together that he is an amazing father because of what he chooses to give up.

It is assuredly honorable to give, and he is one of the most giving people I know. But, I find it more noteworthy to have the heart to give up...

He will give up "silly" things for his children like 1/2 his grilled cheese or his seat at the baseball game; however, I have seen him give up "big" things such as prestigious job opportunities (that some would perceive) because he desired to spend time with his children more.

Today, on Father's Day, I honor my husband. I absolutely know there could be no greater!

I also give thanks for my dad. I am so grateful that he taught me what it means to be a good daddy and showed me what to look for when I married the father of my children. And, likewise, I give thanks for my husband's father assuredly taught him as well....and to each of you, happy, happy Father's Day. You are appreciated. You are loved.

No comments: