CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Changing Your Attitude

I was real pissy this week.

Why?

No, it was not because I am so darn swollen that I can hardly move (but that does make me pissy on a regular basis). No, it was not because transferring my 120 graduate hours is proving to be far more of a pain than I anticipated. (Don't ask...LONG story!) Nor was it because I could have sworn I was finished with laundry, but more keeps appearing...Rather, I was pissy because I was unable to help with VBS again this year!

Uhh! Boo! I like teaching in the summer, but I hate it when I miss things like VBS.

Thus, I was pissy.

So, I went to VBS family night a little grumpy. You know, it was the kind-of grumpy where I felt sorry for myself...because I was pissy... Been there?

Then low and behold, the song my son shows-off that evening that he had been learning the week of VBS...Change Your Attitude to Gratitude!

Oh, how foolish I felt. Oh, how I felt the need to reevaluate. Oh, how I saw that my attitude needed to change! Thank goodness the music intervened "Just-in Time." ..it was just in time for me for me to have gratitude for the fun my son has had at church......it was just in time for me to have gratitude for the week of learning more about Christ my son has been able to experience...
....it was just in time for me to enjoy and give thanks for the time I WILL have with him this summer.

Attitude changed...to gratitude!

No comments: