CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

All of our bobble heads...






This weekend was Cannon and Gunnar's first football game! Eric was unable to attend (his football season is also back in session), so I was asked to describe how the game went...
I was not then - and I am still not now- real sure how to describe the game! I think it is impossible to put into words a bunch of bobble heads running to a big pile! Even more, Cannon and Gunnar could not either! Gunnar told Eric, "Well, it was just real hot, and my head hurt a little." It was REALLY hot...
Grayson was undeterred by the heat...He was insistent that he should go in on the next play and that Cannon was going to bring him his helmet; however, once we introduced him to the playground this cheerleader lost interest in the game!
Ella is a bobble head herself these days...She holds her head up so well! In fact, she hates when she cannot see, and would rather be held on the shoulder than like a baby any day!

Today was a big day for Cannon. It was promotion Sunday at church, and Cannon received his own Bible. I doubt he knows or understands that this is one of the first steps in his personal faith. He can now read the Bible on his own! I pray he takes to heart the words he reads begins to understand what it means to be a Christian.

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Hey Taylor!

I was so happy to see you started a blog! I CANNOT believe how big Grayson is and I love his story about his girlfriend, Karsyn! Your house is beautiful! Hope the school year started off well!

Amy said...

I just saw your link on Charla's blog, and I have to echo her joy at your blogging. Ella is gorgeous and I love the new house! Your decorating style is what I would LIKE to do if we ever had a house we were going to stay in more than a few years!

I miss you guys so much more than you can even imagine, and I just don't know how teaching here is going to compare...Let me give you an itty-bitty hint of what my school (and district) is like - NO, I mean absolutely NO, lesson plans have to be turned in. NO holding kids back for any reason, ever. And HUGE resistance to any change (okay, so that's not entirely new to me) which means they look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about cooperative learning and data tracking. Ha! It'll be a fun year!!!