CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Setting Priorities


If there is one thing I know, it is that I want to be a mom. It is, by far, the most fulfilling job one could ever have, and I feel almost honored that I have been blessed with the gift of motherhood.

Yet, it is also the most difficult job one could ever have...

Today I am at home with sick little ones. This is only the third time since Grayson was born that I have actually stayed at home! When they are sick I usually manage to figure out a way to still get to work...even last week after Ella spent the evening in the emergency room, sadly, she went to school the next day!

I know in my heart I need to be at home today, yet guilt overwhelms me. I feel as if there is so much that I need to and should be doing. I somehow feel as if I am letting others down by not going to work. And, I am bitterly angry that I feel this way! I am wrong for not staying home more often...

For an hour this morning we all laid in bed watching cartoons. I cannot remember the last time that I did this, and I hate the fact that it took them being sick (and me being scared) to actually stay home.

My challenge to myself is to remember this...I often get so caught up work that I forget my most important job. I can move mountains at school, finish that silly PhD, and be certified to teach anything; however, it is all for not if I do not remember what I am really working for.

Off to the doctor...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Taylor - please know that you were missed at work today, but you will never get this time back! Grayson will never be 2 again, so accept your challenge - slow down and enjoy each moment. You are an amazing mother/wife/sister/friend. Now it is time for you to ENJOY!!!

ILY, Lisa

Amy said...

Ditto what Lisa said. I'm so glad you enjoyed a day at home. You were with me at work today because I am constantly using things I learned from you (and Lisa and Sara...) - you guys are always in my head. You were productive in SO many ways!=)

The Borchgardt Bunch said...

Taylor, You know they can always get another person to work on the work at school, but your little ones can never get another mother to fill in for you. It is thrilling and "a rush" to know that we can move mountains at work but yet watching cartoons doesn't have the same mountain moving potential - ("rush") as our work somedays, although it is the cartoons that moved their little mountains for the day! Think of it as moving mountains at home too! God has given you TWO of his little people to be stewards of...that is worth a morning of cartoons! =) ILY, Sara

The Borchgardt Bunch said...

Okay...FOUR of his little people. Sorry! I was just thinking of the two sick ones at home with you!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I must agree with Amy and say...ditto, ditto, ditto...and ditto (for Sara's addition). AND ditto that I use things from ALL THREE of you, too! I know Amy and I both feel so blessed to have spent three years with such great teachers and friends!