CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Okay...

So, I was criticized for not posting any updates on the surgery, the last days of school, etc.

I will get to all of them...I promise!

However, some quick updates...

Gigi's surgery went well. She is home and hopes to be boot-scootin' in the coming weeks.

The last days of school were bitter sweet, but I am looking forward to my new adventures! Who would have ever thought neither Eric nor myself would be in that building? He!

Why am I so short right now? Graduate school!

I have this silly qualitative class I am taking... Not a big deal, but I do have a 20 page paper, a proposal and some summaries to write before Friday. In the old days (back when all I did during the summer was go to school, layout and workout) this would have been nothing - a piece of cake; however, now things are somewhat different.

This upcoming week will be wild in our world...I have some curriculum writing all day every day this week. Eric is still working, but the kids do not have school (We are going to make plans about his little predicament tomorrow.) The little ones have swim lessons every day, and I have another class that I am starting on Tuesday. Then there is the daily stuff like laundry, dishes, the yard, baths, bills to pay, breakfast, lunch, errands...I have GOT to get the car washed! And, then time to just be a mommy, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend.... But, when all of this is done, I still have to write this silly paper and complete these assignments.

I am not complaining. I know I have made choices that have allowed me to be at this point in my life. When I started this PhD, I was not married, and thus, did not have children. Back then, I was focused on my research, driven, determined, and excited to pursue the opportunities the field of higher education had to offer me. Back in the day, work and school went hand-in-hand...they were my life, and the two of them brought me the greatest joy.

While I still find joy in my work and in research, it is not the same as it once was. I am "okay" once I "get there", but "getting there" is so very hard to do...Sometimes when I am "there" all I can think about is going home. Is this what 123 hours of gradate school does to you?

Anyway, perhaps I am venting, but right now all I want is to be DONE with his degree! I do not care what I research...I do not care what grades I make in my classes...I just want to finish! (Sometimes I do not even want to finish...I just want to quit!)

My other class is my dissertation proposal class! Yea! Maybe the end IS near.

Okay, my venting is over...I will return to my paper writing now...

More to come soon!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear about your new adventures! I swear just reading about your life makes me want a nap (and I'm still in my pj's at noon on a Sunday, so I have no legitimate reason to be sleepy). :)

Natalie said...

You're a braver person that I am. Just the thought of going back to school makes me feel sick and believe me, graduate school has been brought up. While I never say never, I also say, "Don't hold your breath.....No really, I mean it!" I know the feeling of just wanting to be DONE and wanting to quit....I felt like that most of my Senior year of college, and while I knew quitting so close to the finish line would have been stupid, I was not thinking very rationally at this point....My brain was fried!!! So, keep going! Getting to that finish line is going to be SOOO great and worth it!

I'll be praying for you guys this week that in the midst of all the craziness there may be peace and that you find time to do everything you need to do and of course, that you're still sane at the end of the week! ;)

Love and Hugs!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yes, I must say I'm anxious to hear about why you won't be in "that building" anymore! Please let us know what these crazy adventures you are taking on will entail!