CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

5 Years!

5 years ago tomorrow we were married. It many ways it seems like yesterday, and in others, it strangely seems like so much longer. I can say, these 5 years have by far been greater than I ever could have dreamed, and I sincerely look forward to what I hope is at least 5 times 10 years to come. I thought 5 years ago I could never love someone the way we did...and I think now of how much that love has grown...man, I cannot wait for what the years to come have in store!

Happy 5th Anniversary! My favorite...Eric's favorite...and the picture that I wear in the locket from our first Christmas!I recall our wedding day with such clarity. It is by far one of the best days of my life. Not only was I blessed to marry the man of my dreams, and I also had the greatest time doing it...We had such a good time!

I have so many perfectly precious memories of that day...And, while I do not have many pictures digitally, the ones I do have make me smile...and I thought I would share!
This innocence turned ugly in a few minutes...
This is a result of the picture above...Daddy and Gunnar...A sweet picture...But, you must know that just moments prior he and his brother had been in a fight on the floor over the "pool balls" that were on the grooms cake
This one needs commentary -- I was not there; however, I am told that this is when the boys both decide to throw their flowers in the pond! He!
I love this one for two reasons...one, it is when I am saying my vows (that is sentimental), and two, because Gunnar repeating the vows word-for-word after me...see him in the corner? That is pretty darn funny!
He pronounced us husband and wife...and the first thing we say to each other... "That was fun...what now?" That is kind-of the story of our lives! That was fun, now what?
This one would be much sweeter if one did not know that I am screaming "I am too fat for this crap...put me down!"
Me and Cannon...I love this picture. I have it on my little bath stand to this day...However, what makes is funny to me is that he is very upset...My dad had just put the penny in my shoe. He did not understand why I had to put it there and why I could not put it in his pocket. I am explaining to him...
My sisters! Nothing really funny about this picture...I just like it. I think it is the only one I have of all of us.
Cannon and Gunnar...notice the missing flowers...now in the lake!
Me, Cambrey and Ragan...the pose from our three weddings! Who knew then that my parents would give away three daughters in three years! This picture repeats with a different one in the middle each time! However, I like this one the best...
Eric and his pimpin' groomsmen! I do think that it is a good picture, but it makes me laugh because they think it is too. One of them said after looking at all of the pictures of the wedding, "I think this is by far the best...worthy of blowing up...BIG!" Again, this would be humorous if he was joking, but I do not really know that he was!
I LOVE this picture... I like it because it captures a great deal about Linds and me, but I mostly like it because it makes me laugh. I cannot reveal the details behind it. They are slightly incriminating... I can just say that we are talking about how much we cherish the relationships we have made throughout our years...:)
A special crew...Eric and I met at the school where we worked, and these are those with which we worked! Granted, I could not stand him (and the feeling was mutual) for years prior to us getting together. In fact, he did not just get on my nerves...he created them...and these people probably know this story best!
His face is hilarious! Ha! My dad is something else...

Some of the memories of the beginning...and they were perfect...If I had only known then that there was even greater to come!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I have tears in my eyes as I look at these pictures and read about your memories, Taylor!

You were such a beautiful bride and I'm so glad you posted these because I remember how disappointed I was that I couldn't be there but now I feel as if I was! You and Eric make such a great couple and your family is beautiful!

Man, just look how much God has blessed you in the last five years! God is SO good!!

Happy Anniversary Taylor and Eric!! I can't wait to see what the NEXT five years holds for you...God's got more incredible stuff in store...I just know it!

Love you!!!!

Kierstyn said...

Awesome pictures! Fantastifc wedding! And I love the pic of the JLMS crew... amazing people!

Happy anniversary!