CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

A weekend of nothing?

It is not often that we have a weekend that we really do not have that much going on. In fact, I cannot recall such a weekend in recent months! So, we took advantage of the time we had to just "chill" as G likes to say!

So what do we do when we have time to do things? Well, Eric and I stay busy doing the neglected laundry, picking up the backyard, cleaning out the toy closet, rearranging Ballerina's closet, and other important tasks of the like.

But we also go to birthday parties for our dearest friends...However, the kids, on the other hand, find alternate ways to amuse themselves...For example, they pick out their own clothes and then decide to pick out their own meal.They also play more video games than I care to acknowledgeI despise video games. They are on the same lines as movies, television, etc. for me...They are a waste of time. I cannot fathom one having the time to sit there without "producing" anything. If it was possible to play a video game, clean a closet, fold a load of laundry, write a reference letter and pay bills at the same time, I, perhaps, would appreciate them more. Until then, I am just not very interested. However, they DO amuse my children, and for that I LOVE them! :)

Ballerina chooses to play all day with her babies...And, then she likes to harass her Daddy...However, there could NEVER be a lazy weekend in our house without FOOTBALL! Now, I am also NOT a fan of pro football. I love college and high school; however, when there is nothing else on while we are cooking dinner...I am all for it! I just seem to do better when football is on in the background...I know it will be a good, long while until we have another lazy weekend; however, until then...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Congratulations on finally having a day to "chill." You guys deserve it! :)