CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Boys Only

I know I have said it before; however, I have always worried that I am just not cut out to be the mother of a little girl. I sometimes feel sorry for Ballerina...No matter how I try, I just am not into super girly things. I just think I am better with footballs and frogs than I am with bows and dolls.

However, on the flip side, I have found that there are some things that are for boys only, and shooting guns...well, that is just one of them! It is not that girls cannot shoot guns...it is that Mommy cannot handle the stress of seeing her boys doing that!

So on Saturday, there was a boys only trip to the pit...Cannon, Gunnar, G, Daddy and Papa Randy. No girls were invited. (Thus, the pictures from Daddy's cell phone.)
The boys had a very muddy blast! And, G shot a gun for the 1st time!
It was funny, after church on Sunday Gunnar was telling Uncle Kason and Aunt Carla about his adventures to the pit and G's 1st experience with a gun...Gunnar said, "Yea, teaching is a little like dying." Kason and Carla did not get the correlation and asked for clarification "...well, when you are teaching Grayson how to shoot a gun you never know if you might die."

I think that pretty much sums up why this was a boys only trip...Mommy does NOT need to be present for such teachings!

No comments: