CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh, Sundays...

I love and hate Sundays. I love Sundays because we always begin the day with breakfast together as a family. And, we usually eat it out...well, if you count McDonalds as eating out!We then wash up before heading to church. Church is another reason I love Sundays. Of all the places I go each week, church is my favorite. It also delights me that my children often seem to find the same delight I do in going each week. This morning G said when I told him to find his pants so we could go, "Yea, church day is my favorite day!" After church we head to the grocery store...Where there is a hot commodity on these things. Now, I will be honest, I do not love Sundays because we go to the grocery store, but I do love that we ALWAYS do it together. Some have said that it perhaps is not the smartest thing we do, but it is quite the experience each week nonetheless!

The rest of the afternoons are usually filled with little household chores and big fun times outside. The boys all play...and Ballerina..Well, she guards the door! Sundays are my favorite days for all these reasons. Yet, at this time each Sunday evening I grow a little weary... because I know tomorrow is Monday. It is not that I dislike our jobs or do not look forward to our week days...It is just that there is something about the peace of Sundays and the time with family that brings me such joy.

Until next Sunday...

6 comments:

Cricket said...

I am a little out of the loop, but where did "Ballerina" come from?

Ginger said...

Nothing could make me happier than hearing you've found and appreciate "the peace of Sundays and the time with family that brings [you] such joy!"

I am SO grateful, Tay, for the precious daughter you've always been and SO proud of the wonderful wife and mother you've become!

YOU ARE SPECIAL; YOU ARE LOVED!

Taylor said...

Ballerina...from Grayson. He started calling her Ella Bella Cinderella, Ballerina Toes, and INSISTED that we call her the same. He would become IRATE when we would call her something less.

However, as the months went on, we started calling her Ella Bella, Cinderella, Ballerina Toes, Toes ...but, when she would dance all of the time we just started calling her Ballerina.

When I write I am more likely to call her Ballerina, but at home we call her Toes a lot! :) Who knows why really!

Anonymous said...

I love Ella's hat! So cute! It was good running into you guys to the other weekend! Seeing your two together makes me want a 2nd one so bad!!! Take care!

The Magnuson Family said...

I know exactly what you mean about Sundays. Ella, I mean "Ballerina", is so cute, and precious.

Jennifer said...

Every time I open my car door one of those little plastic balls with the numbers in them falls on the ground. I'm considering printing my own H-E-Buddy Bucks...wanna go in with me? :)