CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

High Seas Adventure

There are some things that we can just not miss each summer...and VBS is one of those things for us!

I remember loving VBS at a child. Not only was it one of the things that greatly formed my relationship with the Lord, it also taught me so much about what it means to worship Him. It was at VBS as a child that I came to understand that worshiping Him didn't have to be in a pew on Sunday morning!

It delights me that my children love VBS as much as I did. G and I literally had a countdown until the start of it...he was SO excited!
Even now (a couple of weeks later...yea, I am that far behind on blogging), he is still singing the songs! How wonderful is that?!?!And, because I thought this was a cute picture...AND there is a story I want to tell...After the VBS Parent's Night we went to dinner with some of our friends (hence the spaghetti on Ballerina's face). Well, G had an "incident" after dinner on this particular evening where he was really needing some grace and forgiveness from the Lord. When he and I were talking about the "incident" he said, "God gave me so many things...like our good friends...and I should be thankful for all of them and not forget and make bad choices..."

And, well, this picture and the smiles on the girls' faces remind me of how truly awesome some of our friends are and how thankful we are for them. Through such relationships we are reminded of His glory!

No comments: