CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

To Never Be Replaced...


I still really miss my Maggie. I feel a little bit silly saying this, but I still have moments where I will think of her and just start crying.

I will look to the couch where she always used to sit and not see her and will sit on the kitchen floor and sob...I will go in the backyard with the intention of watering the grass to find myself on my knees at her grave...I will open a cabinet and find a leash of hers that I swore we lost and will clench it to my heart as I put my head down on the table....

Not just a dog to me.Kason and Carla (thank you again!) sent us flowers in remembrance and honor of Maggie, and today I took them outside and laid them on her grave. (Yes, I mow the grass, but I do not have the heart to mow where she is yet...in time I will.)Ballerina helped me.
She explained that Maggie died because she got hit by a car and now she is in heaven. Her perspective actually warms my heart, and hearing her talk brings me such joy.Oh, but who is that joining us at as we talk to Maggie?Nope...it is not Roxy! Please meet the newest member of our family...Sully!
We had NO intentions of getting another dog so soon after Maggie died...NONE! We went for haircuts, and Eric went for a walk to "check things out." A few minutes later, he returned saying, "You need to come and look at this dog...I think he needs to be a part of our family!"

I told him that I thought he had lost his mind, but when I laid eyes on this little one with the most precious personality following my kids as they drug him around and who looked as if he could have been Maggie's brother...Well, I agreed that perhaps he DID need to be a part of our family.Never will he replace my Maggie, but always will he be loved and a perfect fit for our family! Oh Sully, we are so glad you are with us! And, I just had to add this because I think it is a riot! Sully and Roxy have TOTALLY hit it off. Sully is completely infatuated with Roxy, and Roxy is more than in love with Sully. They will literally play for hours; however, from the looks of this picture they HATE each other!

Look how mean they look! Ha! I love it!

I PROMISE that they are playing! :)

2 comments:

Carla said...

We are so sorry for your loss, Taylor; We loved Maggie as well! Sully is such a blessing for your family. Love and enjoy the little cutie!

Datra said...

Taylor, I am sorry your heart is aching. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Poor sweet, Maggie!

Sully looks freaking sweet as they come! Can't wait to meet him one day!
xoxo