CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hanging of the Greens

In my warped mind, the "holidays" begin when we are released for school for Thanksgiving; however, the Christmas season officially begins when my church "gets dressed" in its holiday best -- at Hanging of the Greens.

I hope all feel the same way about their church when it gets "dressed up" for Christmas...because I do not know that there is anywhere more beautiful than mine!

And, what delights me more about the event of my church "getting dressed"...the fact that our children do so much of it!

G sang his heart out and rejoiced in the beginning of advent with his whole heart.These feet shots might become my favorite...I KNOW these are my two favorite kindergartners!Ballerina was so looking forward to the event! She was so stoked to "sing songs about baby Jesus." We did great walking down the aisle...
Yet, when we went to take her ornament to the tree and sing her song, there was a slight melt-down...The meltdown resulted in her clinging to my leg for dear life in the front of the church and then refusing to sing. So, maybe just most of the church's children "get the church dressed" for the holiday...

Now, Ballerina DID want to tell us all about the "leaves" the church now had "all over the place."Most of us call the "leaves" poinsettias, but whatever...

And, last but not least...did you know K-Dan was in our church choir?

No comments: