CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh, so that is why she said that...


Why the giant acorn?

On the way home from school yesterday Ballerina told Eric and me that she is tired of things hurting her in her panties. We, of course, looked at her funny and inquired more...

As she is sticking her hand around and digging in her tights as she tries to remain bucked in her car seat, "There are always things in my panties. It is not funny. It is getting on my nerves..."

Because she frequently puts her panties on upside down (yes, upside down, not backwards), we assumed that she probably was having a little issue because of this...We just giggled as she squirmed in her seat...

So, we got home, made dinner, ate dinner, cleaned dinner and were about to leave for an errand when Ballerina walked into the kitchen and threw a handful of acorns on the kitchen counter. Knowing she had NOT been outside, and knowing that there were no acorns in her room (I just cleaned the crud out of it this weekend), I innocently asked, "Where in the world did you get those acorns?" (I was worried because they had become weapons on a recent outing we had with all of the kids.)

And so she scolds, "I told you there were things hurting me in my panties!"

Oh, she had...but of all of the issues I could have dreamed, handfuls of acorns in there was not one of them. And weird...she had not said anything during dinner or anything...

As I helped her tie her shoe I asked if there were any more acorns.

"Yes...a LOT! I just do not know how they all got in there and I cannot get them all out!"

I proceeded to help her where I discovered 5 more acorns hiding in her panties, and before I left I went to the restroom where she had clearly been earlier because there were 4 acorns floating in there...so there were a total of 14 acorns stores in her drawers! Really?

I feel horrible. Eric and I should have known!?!?

Yes, I did ask her how she got so many acorns in her panties. Her reply: "I do not know." What? Really? I mean, how does that happen?

The lesson I have learned: When Ballerina tells me there is something hurting her in her panties, there are clearly acorns in there, and I must attend to them ASAP!

No comments: