CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Dance Pics


1. Let's keep in mind that this little one has THREE older brothers and a father that is a coach! Our house has a plethora of balls, bats, helmets, nerf guns, etc.

2. I would also like to remind you that this mommy was not oober prissy when I was younger. Yes, I am aware of the fact that I was a drill team officer and all of that jazz, but I felt more comfortable with the "guys" in German club and on the Yearbook Staff...were were was not a single other drill team member (besides my sister that does not count).

3. This is Daddy's only little girl (Well, that we know is a girl...baby is yet to be determined!) and Daddy does not do real well with HIS little girl looking for grown up!

So, with these things being said, dance pictures were a little rough in our house. Those of you out there that are good at these things...feel free to laugh at me. I can handle it. But, know that these sort of things make me crazy, and they are the VERY last thing from "fun" in my world. In fact, I think would have rather plucked all of my eyebrows out one by one...

Yet, Ballerina was WELL aware that dance pictures were this week, and has literally been drooling to wear her costume that has been hanging in the doorway for the last 2 weeks. When I went to pick her up from school she said, "Okay Mommy, we need to hurry home...it is dance day, and I need to get pretty!" So get pretty we did...
...and I think that she is prettier than pretty...
...She is perfectly pretty.
...even when she is a little grumpy because she wants for Mommy to quit taking pictures at the house and get to dance class...
...where she has far more patience than she does when we are at the house...
...and finds such great joy moving to the music!

As much as she loves dance, I am guessing that I am going to have more picture days like this in our future...And, her delight in them MIGHT change my mind! :)

2 comments:

Cambrey said...

Ummm... how come I don't count?!? I'm pretty girly. Okay, I can't even type that with a straight face.

I agree, though, Ella is beautiful! My precious, perfect little neice.

Kierstyn said...

Oh, the adventures of having a little girl!!