CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 09, 2011

For the Love

This past week...
I watched as two boys played...for the love of the game...and nothing more.
They do not care if they are the superstar on the team.
They do not care if their team wins every game......or even if they win a game at all.They just play......because they love the game.

As I reflect on their love for the game I am reminded of I quote I once heard...It said something like: "Baseball was made for kids...and adults only screw it up." Yea, one could read into this quote in many ways, but the truth of the matter is that adults often do screw up kids' love for the game. Yes, there is much of great value that children can learn from adults about the game, but unfortunately, they often learn/take away the wrong things...and they forget why they ever loved to play in the first place...

G and Gunnar love the game, and their love for it delights my soul. Our prayer...That we as parents/adults always foster that love and any other - be it football, gymnastics, dance, drama, band, etc. - that might capture their hearts.

I love their love...

No comments: