CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mission Exemplary

Sometimes you have to be reminded of your mission...

Our theme this year at school is "Mission Exemplary." We KNOW what our students are capable of, and we are DETERMINED for all to see how exemplary they are!

Yet, as in life in general, it is all too often that we loose sight of that mission...and sometimes it is the failure to keep tact of or to honor the goals of your mission that ultimately leads to the demise of the plan you had once been so passionate about.

While I do not know that we have in any way lost sight of our mission at school, I do believe that it had not been honored in the manner it should have been in the past few days/weeks...We had become a little complacent...a little too lost in our our personal agendas, the weariness of the adhering to the game plan and the emotion attached to the goal to be able to keep our true mission in sight.

Yet, yesterday evening's Family Fun Night was a shot in the arm perhaps very much needed. It was a valid heart-warming reminder of our ultimate mission this academic year.

I have way too many pictures of the event; however, I hate to post without student permission...so...But, here are a few of us...

G REALLY won a soda at the a science ring toss. He is showing me what he won...thus is why we cannot see his face!

This balloon was my ONLY nemesis this evening...I ended up popping it on purpose to prove a point to a three-year-old that when I say to do something I mean it.
Me and Melissa...who so graciously attended to G and his wild antics. Her patience is far greater than my own with him, and even he know it! He told me in the car, "I want to go with Maddi's mom...she is nicer!" I agree...she is! :)
Lisa and Cinderella...Poor thing was starving for most of the event, but I was so caught up that my principal fed her as we ended! Sad! I AM the mother-of-the-year! :) Ha!

2 comments:

Cambrey said...

I like the camos!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, that made me so "homesick" because I'll always think of JLMS as my "home" school! I miss it so much! I love the shirts and I miss Family Fun Night! I'm so glad to hear things are still going strong in Loboland! I think about you guys often and now wish my job was as difficult, yet rewarding as it was then!