CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Angels

Sometimes you are in need of angels...

We didn't know it, but we were need.

We have been pretty overwhelmed in our world lately. Not stressed really...just really strapped for time. Everything has been coming at us at once...

Yesterday Eric had a coaching meeting out of town and I had class ALL day, so we called my parents to see if they could help us with the kids. Originally the plan was for us to take the kids to their house; however, because of a twist of fate (or a little divine intervention) when their car started acting weird, GiGi and K-Dan decided it would be easier for them to head to our house to watch the kids for the day.

When we made this decision Friday night I was concerned...my house was a WRECK, we had NO FOOD anywhere for the kids, they had no clean clothes, etc., and I knew I would be up most of the night with homework...and none of the "house stuff" would have time to get taken care of. But there was nothing I could do at 10:00 at night...and to make matters worse, Eric was dreadfully sick.

So, before 8 Eric and I were both gone, and GiGi and K-Dan were at our house alone in the crazy mess! I felt so guilty.

Almost 10 hours later I came home...to what was like heaven to me! Eric had been made to go to the doctor and was on his road to recovery, the house was spankin' clean, there was a pot roast and veggies in the oven, our pantry and refrigerator were stocked with over a week's worth of groceries, there was some "wellness food" for Eric, treats for the kids...and the litter box was even cleaned!

I did not even know how to react. What does one say?

This morning Eric opened the refrigerator and said, "I feel like a king!"

My mom and dad have NO CLUE what kind of angels they are...They will never know how grateful we are...And, they will never be able to comprehend how much they "helped" us.

Mom and Dad, thank you....from the bottom of our hearts.

Oh, and G still wants to know where KK and Carla are and why they did not come for the party after their dance!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Kason told me G was asking about us and it broke my heart I couldn't make it down to see him!