CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Parents of the Year

This past week G had his first day of baseball!

He has been looking forward to this for MONTHS...NO LIE! Thus, the story that follows is more difficult for me to tell than words could express...

You see, Eric and I are baseball parents of the year! Each Sunday we layout the week and coordinate our plans. So, two Sundays ago we did such, and both of us agreed (after reading a letter and attending a meeting) that G's first day of baseball was on Wednesday evening. It is complicated, but when we showed to the fields on Wednesday, there was NO BASEBALL! Yep, none!

After making a few quick phone calls and digging out a letter we discovered that we had, in fact, missed G's first ever day of baseball...it had been held that previous Monday! :(

So, please call us parents of the year.

Guilt overwhelmed us, and like all other parents stricken with overwhelming guilt, we tell our three-year-old son sobbing in the backseat that just learned that his parents are idiots and missed his first day ever of baseball that he may choose to eat whatever he would like for dinner.

30 minutes later we were at McDonalds.

Yes, we ARE parents of the year...guilty parents of the year.

We finish our food at McDonalds and G and Ballerina take off on the playland. Now, I would like to get on my podium...I have a pet-peeve with parents to do not make their children adhere with to the established rules. For example, at the McDonalds playland it says that it is for children 6 and under, and the one side of the playland is specifically reserved for children 3 and under.

It was on the 3-and-under side of the playland that G and Ballerina were playing. Yet, 5 children all OVER the age of 7 or 8 were playing chase giving little to no attention to the smaller children on the play-set.

I had a bad feeling, but before I could act on my feeling the 5 older children had trampled over G and Ballerina causing Ballerina's head to be slammed into the side of a slide, her hair-bows ripped out of her hair, and her head to be stepped on several times. Screaming she tries to stand up only to be KICKED by one of the kids climbing up the wrong way on the slide. G was also kicked down and screaming at the top of his lungs, "Quit hurting my sister...You are hurting my sister!"

The older children who had run all over them NEVER STOPPED!

I was IRATE! I immediately snatched up Ballerina and G, walked over to the parents and said, "I would appreciate it next time if you and your children would adhere to the rules and have a little courtesy to at least apologize when they all but run over mine...it is just plain rude!"

We then ushered my screaming, crying kids out of McDonalds.

Yes, we are parents of the year!

So, this Monday became G's first day of baseball, and I will say that he had a wonderful time, and Eric and I were both impressed with his skills! Yea G! One of the great things about his little baseball is that the parents are asked to be involved! Eric had to leave a few minutes early to make it to a bus driver's training, but said as he left, "Man, I am having so much fun...Ireally do not want to go!"

Ballerina also had a good time exploring the playland at the park! And, this one did not have any mean older kids to tamper with her fun!


Soccer starts next week!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awww...First I read that G missed baseball and then I read about your awful McDonald's experience and I just want to hug all of you!

However, I'm thrilled to see that G is indeed enjoying baseball now and everyone is having fun!

Thanks for the pics! :)