CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Routines

Each Sunday night we prepare for the week and gear up for all of our routines. Now that Eric and I are back in the same district, we are afforded the opportunity to ride together again. We always did this back in the day, and we have truly missed the time that we used to have together!

However, to be able to have this time, we are all up before dawn...because Eric's football practice is at 6 in the morning!

This means that we are up and at it by 4:45...have the car loaded with breakfast, school clothes, lunches, computers, backpacks, and sleeping KIDS by 5:30...and we are at his school no later than 6.

Soon after we get there, the lights turn on...While the kids are still sleeping, I eat my breakfast, put my makeup on, etc. However, in the process inevitably they wake up! I toss them their breakfast in a bag...We then get dressed in the back of the car...G insists on participating in football practice with Daddy, and each day he puts on his cleats and runs down the path to join the team. Ballerina and I join them too...She always has her purse...By this time the sun is usually coming up...While the sun comes up, we watch practice...Some of the boys get in trouble and end up in bridges... :)And then by 6:45, we are back in the car heading to their daycare and to my school. No later than 7:30 each of us are in our respective places for the day!

Some have said we are foolish for adhering to this routine, and perhaps we are in some ways; however, truth be known, we like it! Without it, we would have at least 1 less hour together a day, and I do not think I would trade that hour for anything!

I am off...time to prepare for the week...

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Wow! You are.... wow!!! What a great attitude! I would whine, complain, want more sleep. Good for you!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Ditto, Kierstyn. You guys are...well, honestly I don't know whether to say crazy or positive. As my mom would say and I truly believe, "Different strokes for different folks." Every family has their way of getting things done and if it works for you, then GO FOR IT! This non-morning person would be totally grumpy! Ha!

Natalie said...

Wow! That's some routine! Believe it or not, I think I understand why you do it and I think it'll give your family incredible memories to talk about later on!

Savor every moment! :)

Carla said...

I admire you...