CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Back in Session

So, I have realized that I am not-so-good at posting during the week when school in back in session! In fact, I stink at it! I think a couple of days might even pass when I do not even look at blogs! Now, that is wild!

However, I have had many ask what we are up to since school began...So, here is the abbreviated version...

Cannon is now in the 4th grade, and he is now the big, bad leader of his school. Eric and I were talking about schools and future plans yesterday when we both realized that he will be at the intermediate school this time next year! Oh my goodness...where has the time gone?

What I can say is that I am beginning to see glimpses of pre-teen in Cannon, and it slightly makes me crazy and slightly brings me joy...While I have never parented this special age, I do teach it, and I must say that it is a roller coaster I find joy in riding.

Gunnar is now in the 2nd grade; however, in my mind Gunnar is still 2! Perhaps this is why I was so flabbergasted Thursday night when I walked into the boys' room to find Gunnar reading a story to G. I mean, I know 2nd graders can read, but I was amazed that he actually reading! Eric told me I was crazy...go figure...

G really struggled at his little school last year. He was, by far, the youngest in his class, and I really think that this made things more difficult for him. He may have been intellectually ready to handle the older class, but he was in no way socially ready! But, we are already off to a MUCH better start this year! He is now in a class with kids more his age, and it delights me beyond words that he loves school once again.

Cinderella is 14 months old! She moved to a toddler class with just three other children, and has been bringing home art each day!

And as the kids changed this school year, so have Eric and I...

I have talked before about Eric making a big decision to return to the middle school level. I think in some ways he struggled with the idea of leaving the varsity level, but taking into consideration the amount of time we have had together thus far this year...well, it has all been worth it! There will be a time and a place for varsity again in the future, and we will know when it is right, but until then, we are all LOVING Daddy being back at the middle school!

Not only is there MUCH less work, but he is also in an incredible new building, and it has been exciting to be a part of a staff opening a new school!
And, as for my thoughts on Eric's return to middle school...I think I am the most glad to have him back in the same district again! Having the family in three different school districts made for scheduling nightmares...as if 4 children, 2 full-time jobs, and graduate school did not do that alone!

I was also apprehensive about my new setting and the challenges this would present. I had been at the same building for quite some time and had grown to not just to believe in the culture there, I loved it! Yet, I was excited by my new opportunities, and approached this school year with eagerness...And, I must say, I have been nothing but delighted.

It is funny....I told someone the other day that I think that I have learned more in three weeks than I have learned in three years! It is not that one school is better or worse than the other -- It is just that they are different, and I have relished in the different perspectives I am gaining as a result of my ventures on the "other side of the tracks." My happiness is proof to me that He DOES know best...

I feel so blessed. We are of to a great start, and this is assuredly going to be an awesome year!

No comments: