CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trick-or-Treat x 4


I have never been much of a Halloween fan. As a child I hated nothing more than having to knock on a stranger's door and solicit something...having to do this would LITERALLY send me into tears. So, you can imagine, Halloween, a day whose main event evolves around knocking on strangers' doors and soliciting candy, was sheer hell.

I have never really gotten over my hatred for Halloween. It is the one "holiday" I often dread. However, having children I have had to re-evaluate, put my dislike aside, and try to at least play nice -- for their sake!

While I was not pumped for Halloween, the kids were; yet, I will admit, we had a great evening...perhaps one of the best!We began our festivities at a neighborhood party Catie and Steve invited us to. Knowing we had such a busy evening, we anticipated we would not stay long. However, we stayed far past our welcome and had a wonderful time! There is nothing that makes us happier than when we can all do things together and enjoy ourselves!

One of the great things about the evening...G won 2nd place in the costume contest, but the funny part about it...They were going to award Sadie and Ballerina too (before they realized it was all one family)!Then we were off to church for trunk-or-treat...where we met up with GiGi, K-Dan, Aunt Ragan, and cousin Avery!
Then we headed to visit Grandma Becky and Papa Randy...Ballerina saying clear as day, "Bye bye, Papa"Then we were off to Trick-or-Treat with "everyone" on our street.
And, finally home...
I realized that I hardly have any pictures of Cannon from the evening...and when I thought about it, he was totally off with his friends once we hit the church. Eric and I realized he was getting to that age where hanging around with us was not as much fun as being with his friends! :)

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

No comments: