CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Sweetest Not-So-Silent Night

G had his school Christmas Pageant this past week,
and it was perhaps the most precious thing that I have never seen.

G was a shepherd...the cutest shepherd I have ever seen! And, the shepherd that told me as we were driving to the pageant when I asked what he was going to do, "Well, Mom, I am a shepherd and my friend Will is my sheep. He will need to follow me when I sing my songs."
(I wonder if Will knows this?!?)
And perhaps the proudest too!
Away in the Manger...He practiced for weeks in bed each night. I would get frustrated that he was still awake, but I never had the heart to tell him to quit singing!Yes, Jesus DOES love you!They also sang Silent Night. Above the almost 50 kids, I could heard G singing loud and clear! It made me giggle a little, but it warmed my heart a lot!
I watched as the little shepherds walked away...For the first time, G TRULY understands why we celebrate Christmas. He knows and understands that it Jesus' birthday; he is in awe of the Christmas story, and the is delighted by the majesty of the season.
This is MY
Christmas blessing!

No comments: