CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 04, 2010

I Stink at Blogging Part IV: Little Girsl Grow Up Too Fast

I am slowly but surely catching up with this blogging thing. I anticipate that if I keep working at this rate that I will catch up...well, NEVER!

Who am I kidding?

So, over Spring Break Ballerina grew up...literally!

First, she got her very first haircut.She did not really care that this took place. Mommy was just tired of trying to tame the mop on her head! It was impossible!Of course, I did not know that they were going to cut it so short, but it was something she had needed for a long time.

Then she started wearing panties ALL DAY with NO ACCIDENTS! She just woke up one day and decided that she had officially had enough of the diaper and as not had one on since!

Then, since Christmas each time we have been in a store and seen earrings she has begged me to get her some. Daddy and I really did not think that she was old enough to understand what it meant to get her ears pierced, so we said things like, "Baby getting your ears pierced really hurts...it is like getting shots in your ears..." You know, all of the typical things one might do to "scare" their daughter into not getting something when you are the one who truly has an "issue" with the situation.

However, no matter how intense our scare tactics, Ballerina stood firm and insisted that she get her ears pierced.

And, being the real pushovers Daddy and I are, we consented...and then Gigi took her to get them pierced! She calmly climbed up in the chair like she knew exactly what she was doing.Her brothers made fun of her through the window...I feel as if that is only appropriate for the little sister!She watched intently...without ever moving...Except to see what they were doing...Even as they prepared, she remained completely calm.Almost creepily calm! I sure do not think I would have been able to sit there that still when my mommy was telling me, "It is going to be shots in your ears...and you are going to cry...and it is going to hurt...and.." (I am such a good mom!)But she did! And, just a few seconds later she had the most beautiful earrings and was posing with Daddy.And posting with Gigi...And, of course, Mommy!

Dang...little girls grow up WAY too fast! And just because I think this picture is funny...Have you ever seen a more fascinated group of people? I did not think so...They were mesmerized my a helicopter in the mall. Humm...

Okay, that is all for now. More later...when I attempt to blog more. Ha!

1 comment:

Datra said...

wow, such a big girl... and I LOVE her new haircut! She looks so pretty!