CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Trendsetting Lipstick

Every Thursday morning at 7 we have our campus administrator meetings. Because we have some of what I am calling "getting kids to school in the morning" issues this year (just until football season is over - and ONLY because I can no longer pack up all of my children at 6:15 in the morning to leave the house now that G is in school across town), I am having to bring Ballerina to all of these early morning meetings.

You know, for the most part, she is really good at them! I put her in the principal's office with her breakfast, the television, and her baby doll, and until the other day she really just ate, watched tv and cuddled! Perhaps sadly, she is more than confident finding her way around the building. And it does not bother me in the least bit that she might wander into the counselor's office to sit with Ms. Lynette, go find Mr. Jefferson (the head custodian) to help her with the lights in the bathroom, or come and ask the building secretary for a key to my office to get her "box of toys." (It does bother me a little that she is recently decided that it is fully to pretend that she does not like Mrs. Shelley, but we are working through that! Ha!)

I mean, as long as she is not disturbing MY meeting! He! He!

But, the other day, she DID come into my meeting....Just as we were about to embark on a heavy topic...She climbed in my lap, looked around the table of stern faces, smiled and asked, "Do you like my pretty lipstick?"

And the table went wild!

How could we not? I mean, who would not appreciate a 3-year-old in purple permanent marker lipstick. It is the MOST awesome up and coming fashion trend these days...right? Absolutely beautiful! I MUST get myself some!As soon as my morning meeting concludes, I pack her things and run her next door to her school...Yep, she is in the car in the picture. Nope...I did not clean her face before I took her to school. I DID try, but my efforts proved to be fruitless.

So, off to school she went setting the most awesome new trend in lipstick wearing! And, reminding all (as if they needed to be reminded) that I am indeed the mother of the year!

No comments: