CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winner Ties

Don't judge me, but I am the kind of mother that places bets with her children with the hope that I lose the bet. I am also the kid of mother that does not let her children win...I want to teach them that I am a winner, and they need to be graceful losers! Ha!

For example, I recently made a wager with my kindergartner who was trying to bargain with me to buy him some MORE shoes for basketball..."I bet there is no way that you can learn to tie your shoes in less than 5 minutes...and if you do, I promise that I will take you to the store this weekend to buy some new tie shoes!"

I figured there was no way. I was totally going to win this bet...ha! Loser!

So, I set the timer, grabbed my camera, and threw him a shoe. I wanted to be sure that I documented my winning the bet and his sad face when he did not!)

(Oh, and let it be known that I refused to provide him any instruction. I also stipulated this in the rules that I made up pertaining to the wager at hand.)So he began...Nothing spectacular. I mean, any kid would know to begin here.
He then figured that he needed to make a loop of some sort...That proved to be a little complicated.But, darn, if that boy did not figure it out in no time!And, in LESS than the 5 minutes I had allowed he tied his shoe!And when I untied it (I wanted to be sure it wasn't a fluke before I relented him the winner!)...He tied it again!
Dang it! He WON! He learned to tie his shoe in less than 5 minutes! I had to admit defeat.

The winner here tied!

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

haha! That's awesome!