CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yea, they say these sorts of things...

At the dinner table:
Daddy made chicken-fried-deer...As the 5 of us are are finished eating our entire plate-full and are now clearing our plates to the sink. G comments as he pulls a hunk of chewed meat out of his mouth, "Daddy, I have been eating this meat the entire time, and it still will not chew up! What should I do?"

In the car on the way home from the grocery store:
We are listening to a CD of music given to me by Ballerina's church choir teacher. A song called "The Thank You Meal" is playing. It is sung by what has to be two or more of the highest pitched girls in the entire world. Ballerina is following along with the CD, and her pitch is not much better. G listens puts up with the song for a while but was clearly at a breaking point when he screamed, "Can somebody...anybody... please turn these most annoying girls in the entire world off? I can't handle it!" 4 of us were in agreement with G. Ballerina was preturbed. She thought the music was beautiful.

The three youngest watching television in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom:
G and Gunnar are on the floor. Ballerina is watching in our bed. When asked for a snack by the boys Daddy says, "No way. Not in here! You all will make crumbs all over the place!" Ballerina questions, "What are crumbs?" Daddy responds, "Well, they are little bits of food that fall down when you eat. They make a big mess." Ballerina (as she pulls back the blanket on our bed to reveal at lead 1/2 a box of Ritz crackers that had been squished on the bed): "Oh, do they look like this?" Someone had eaten cheese crackers in our bed without asking!

Getting ready for church:
We are getting ready for church, and G decides that he would rather not go. He comments: "It is ucky and raining outside...We should not really travel in our car with this kind of weather." Me: "Good try G, but we are going to church. You like church...You just do not like what you wear to church!" G: "Yea...but..." and then thinking of a comeback..."But if God is everywhere why to we have to go there all of the time? I talk to Him better at home anyway because there are less people here that annoy me."

In the car on our way home from school:
Ballerina: "Guess what, Mommy, I talk to God all of the time. Did you know that?" Me: "That is wonderful Ballerina. I think it is special that you can talk to God. Isn't that special?" Ballerina: "Yea." (Somewhat disturbed and not real sure she agrees.) Me: "What kids of things to you talk to God about?" Ballerina: "Why brothers are stupid..." Me (somewhat taken back): "Oh, I am sure He listens to you and helps you know that your brothers love you and that you love your brothers." Ballerina: "That is not the kind of thing I talk to him about my brothers...no, I do not talk to him about loving them!" And...I did not know what to say after that!

After the party at the friend's house:
Me: "G, if you act like this after you spend the night at a friend's house, I do not know that I will continue to think that it is a good thing to spend the night out." G: "But...but..but...I haven't done anything but just get on your nerves!" Me: "That is the point. You are getting on my nerves because you have not followed instructions once today!" G: "Then if I am getting on your nerves so much, maybe you should spend the night out!" Yep. Maybe I should! Maybe I should spend a week out!

At bedtime in Ballerina's room:
Ballerina: "Mommy, you forgot to help me pick out my clothes for tomorrow...What are we doing tomorrow?" Me: "Going to school and then to choir....I will help you." Ballerina: "I want to wear a big dress with my light-up shoes and a pretty...2 pretties...the yellow ones." Me: "Ballerina, I do not know that that will all work for school tomorrow. Remember, we want the things we wear to match so that it looks cute...right?" Ballerina (looking at me as if I am the world's biggest fashion idiot): "Oh my gosh, Mommy, you do not know what is cute! You are never cute like me...You can just go to bed now, and I will have to do it..." Done my little 3-year-old! And know that I will be laughing tomorrow when you put on that outfit you picked out that looks as if someone vomited Skittles!

No comments: