CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Big Step and an Example to Follow

Wow! This past weekend was jammed packed. Birthday parties, sleepovers, baseball games, Saturday school, dance rehearsals, dance recitals...It never stops! But, there was also a big moment for the oldest that really made Eric and I have to stop...

...and relish in the moment in which we found such great pride.

You know, there are big moments in your young life and then there are BIG moments in your young life. And, this past weekend was perhaps the BIGGEST that Cannon has ever had...and perhaps possibly will EVER have.

He was confirmed. This last year -- Shoot, these past few months -- We have found ourselves talking again and again about how much Cannon is growing up. We will go without seeing him for a few days, and when he comes back to our house we are sometimes in awe -- of his newly found maturity, confidence and understanding.

However, since Christmas we have most impressed with his growing faith.

We will be in church and I will give him a crazy look for being on his iPod, but then he will show me that he is following along with his Bible app. We will go to lunch and he will quiz me on my thoughts about a part of the sermon that perplexed him. We will be driving in the car and he will quote scripture to his siblings that are having some "issues" in the backseat. (Perhaps my favorite because it causes such controversy in our car! ha!) We will say our blessing at supper, and he will ask to offer a special word.

Man, his faith has grown.

And, as he stood before our church and took a vow of membership, we were more than reminded of our own vows.As was spoken that afternoon and taken from I Timothy...Cannon, "2 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

You truly did such for your father and myself this past year...and especially this past weekend. To say we are proud would be an understatement. Congratulations on this big step in your spiritual journey. God bless.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

To my special grandson, Cannon ...

I pray you know the joy and feel the strength of God's love every day of your life. You are special! I love you with all my heart!

Gigi