CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Not Forgetting to Let Him Be Little

G's kindergarten year...It has come and gone. Where did the time go?
Really, where did it go?
We blink, and 10 months have come and gone.

You know, remember my kindergarten "graduation" so vividly. Broken right arm in a cast to my shoulder, milti-colored polka-dotted dress from Dube's in downtown Katy, far left hand side of the stage in the cafeteria at Williamsburg Settlement Elementary, singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" and not being able to do the hand motions with my arm...
It was yesterday! Right?

Will G remember this day the same way I remember mine?
Will he recall where he stood, the songs he sang, the shirt he wore?
I do not know.

But, what I do know, I will not forget.

This program, this moment, this time with him right now...it will be cherished.

In his ceremony (that, by the way, was amazingly touching and a perfect celebratory end to a most incredible 1st year of school for G) they played a familiar song as they scrolled through hundreds of pictures of their year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKbxbmpcwU

Yes, I have always loved this song, but hearing it yesterday was hard for me.

He IS growing so fast that we MUST remember to let him be little. He will only be this way for a while...We will remember to give him hope.
Will we will remember to give him praise.
We will remember to give him love every day. We will let him cry.We will let him giggle.And, we will even let him sleep in the middle (with his sisters, 2 big dogs and mostly evil cat)...Oh, we will let him be little.

Happy promotion day G!
Mission accomplished! You are officially a 1st grader!
We love you!

No comments: