CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Boys v. Girls

When I was a little girl, I dreamed of having three little boys. I swore that I wanted nothing do do with girls! Nothing!

And then I was blessed with those three boys those I had always dreamed of having...When I was pregnant, I refused to truly believe that Ballerina was a girl. I was not in any way disappointed, but it just did not seem like something that would really be true...

We did boys in our house...soccer balls, footballs, trucks, blue...You know, boy stuff! Things were always high speed, loud...and some would say, difficult. Pink was not something with which I felt comfortable, and the sheer thought of dolls, ribbons and things of the like all but freaked me out.

Then along came Ballerina.

To say she is a different breed would be somewhat of an understatement. She definitely a "girl" in every way, and has forced Eric and I to to see things as parents in an entirely new light. We now play "babies,"embrace pink and love her "pretties" (bows that even Eric knows how to do)!

Her differences from the boys are so apparent...

For one, she decides when she is tired, asks to go to sleep, and will sometimes even go into her room, make herself a little bed, and go to sleep.Yea, G still does not do this! Nope! And, while the older two are great at getting in bed when they are told to do such, they are not super at setting their own bed times like Ballerina!

She also loves to color.This morning, she sat in her chair at the bar for over an hour creating artwork. All three of the boys appreciate art in different ways, but none of them are interested (even today) in sitting for over an hour creating anything! And to think...this little 13 month old does...it is just so very bizarre to me! It is just not what we have come to accept as normal in our world.

I feel amazingly blessed to have my dream come true...We really love our little boys, but there is just something special, something different, something precious about our little girl!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

TOTALLY feel the same way! I thought for SURE i was only going to have boys...but the little girls are the best...