CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From his mouth...

Tonight I was on the elliptical machine attempting to get my 30 minutes in (things for myself rarely get done), and this is the conversation I engaged in with my 3 year old...

G: "Mom, why do you do that all of the time?...get on that machine?"

Me: Because I have too much fat, and I need to do some exercise so I will not be fat anymore."

G: Yea, I get it.

Jerk, I thought! He could have said, "Mommy you are not fat. You are so pretty, Mommy and I love you just the way you are," but he doesn't...instead he agrees with me!

He sits there watching television while I continue on the machine not saying a word, and then suddenly he looks at me, has a look of panic and then gets up and runs out of the room.

He comes back with a glass of water.

G: "Mommy, I am worried that you are going to get too hot and die on that machine."

Out of breath I say, "No, G, Mommy is fine...I want to get my heart going so I burn more!"

G: "Oh, Mommy..." he says...as if I am the dumbest person in the entire world. And, then he gets up and leaves the room again.

I finish my time and am standing there when I hear Eric tell him to quit rummaging through the drawer in the kitchen and to come and tell me to come to dinner. G responds to Eric, "Not yet Daddy, I have to find the fire starter so I can burn Mommy. She needs to get her heart on fire because she is way fat." Eric is laughing as G continues, "I am just going to go burn that fat right off...I really need to go and do it before she dies on the machine!"

Oh, he is a mess. What a monster we have created!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

HA! HA! HA!! That's priceless!!! I love it! :D

Melissa Rabinowitz said...

You have to love the innocence of a child.

Carla said...

That is one of the most precious things I've heard from him! haha His focus was completely on helping you.

Anonymous said...

That is halariious!!! Kids say the funniest things. I think that's why I love teaching kindergarten so much!