CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Making Plans Part II

We have talked many times before about G...his determination, his strong will, his stubbornness, his persistence...I am constantly amazed by him (notice I used the word "amazed," I debated using the combination "ticked off," but...)

To the story...

We have been following the Olympics dutifully in our house since they started. We greatly appreciate the athletes, their talent and the representation they have had of our great nation. Thus, it is our hope that our children might view the games in the same light and with the same appreciation as we do, and as we have followed the games, we have seized any possible moment to teach our children about the world, its people and the talents and uniqueness that each possess.

During the opening ceremony we discussed with G that this event was in China. We then got out a map talked about where we lived, pointed out China and tried to relay how far away the the two countries are from each other.

I wrote lsat time about G's plans to stay the night with anyone but us on Sunday...Well, tonight he believes when he wakes up in the morning we are going to China to "watch the runners race and get crunch." (Yea, I do not know what his deal is with the word "crunch," but it does humor me.)

While it would be a dream come true for us to have the opportunity to see the Olympics as a family, no, we will not be going to Beijing tomorrow! Yet, before he went to sleep tonight, he packed his backpack, made tickets to the "races," told me where I would be taking him tomorrow so we could get on the airplane, attempted to make phone calls to make arrangements for someone to pick us up once we get to China, etc. He even came and told me that we needed to "stop by Wal-Mart and get (his) medicine before we leave because (he) is almost out."

Anyway, I am off...we are all supposed to have school tomorrow, but if G has his way, we will be in Beijing tomorrow! Oh, G and his plans... :)

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

G seriously cracks me up! And I wonder if his "crunch" is "krunk." Like, "we're gonna get krunk." Who knows. But that is one creatively hilarious kid!

Carla said...

It is amazing he thinks of all the planning that goes into taking trips. As far as China, I asked my mom if she would have gone to see me if I had made it for gymnastics and that was pretty much a solid no!